Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Lent starts...NOW!

Part of my Lenten resolution is to start a blog. I haven't really conceptualized everything, but I know it will be something along the lines of being a Catholic college student from the female perspective.

I came to this idea because I myself follow many a blog, all cute little design blogs with colorful pictures, a love for cupcakes and puppies, and the use of the word "lovely" to describe anything that strikes a fancy. I am sure my roommates are sick of me telling them the latest little lovely things I find in my browsing of the blogosphere, but perhaps I can take the time I spend bothering them with writing a blog of my own.

Lent is a wonderful time to start! It is a time of preparation, prayer and fasting. I hope to do all these things during this season of Lent, and share some things I discover along the way through this little blog.

And if you were wondering why my blog is called The Itchy Scapular, you must wait, because that will be a whole new post.

It has been Ash Wednesday for 25 minutes now, as I glance at my clock. Pray for me friends! The journey begins!

3 comments:

  1. "hey guys! look what i found on one of my blogs!"
    first comment yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What better way to start off Lent than with a Latin High Mass? It would make for great blogging material...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you have joined the blogging world. I absolutely love it! Looking forward to keeping up with what's happening in your world, Ruthie!

    ReplyDelete