Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Results

For every action there is a reaction. For every sult, there is a result?

I learned, for the umpteenth time, the result of procrastinating. I will be enjoying a late evening finishing my spanish paper. I only have 300 more words, but need I remind you, those words are in Spanish.

The gospel on Sunday just proved to me, for another umpteenth time, that Jesus is awesome and he never procrastinated. In fact, he was always vigilant and sober, ready for anything. He fasted and prayed for 40 days in the desert (not much else to do in the desert, according to Father Peter at mass), so that even when he was face to face with Satan himself, he could ignore those temptations. In fashionable internet speak amongst young people, Jesus pwnd. Everything the devil tossed out, Jesus had his response made ready.

One of my favorite verses in the bible is 1 Peter 3:15, which reads "Always be prepared to make a defense to anyone who calls you to account for the hope that is in you, yet do it with gentleness and reverence" (NRSV).

Procrastinating is certainly not being prepared for anything. Fortunately, I am what society calls a college student, and we can run off minimal sleep for extended periods of time. This knowledge of my ability to function on little sleep, as well as knowing I procrastinated by going to the gym for an hour and a half, and writing in this blog, help me rationalize this terribly silly habit of procrastination.

So tonight's actions and results?
Paper-not done
blog- DONE!
sore muscles- DONE!

2 out of 3, not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment