Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Cold Weather and the Fall of Man

Here in stinky, polluted, beachless northern Virginia, warm weather has finally decided to grace us with its presence. Toes are seeing sun for the first time, sunglasses tans are beginning to form, and the quad at my university is spotted with Frisbee games and and impromptu picnics. It is absolutely wonderful. I can feel my seasonal sadness disappearing as the sunshine warms my skin, and I cannot help but think of God's goodness.

I also cannot help but think about something I would like to add to Church doctrine, simply because I think it's true. (Disclaimer: this is NOT church doctrine, it is just a silly idea that I have thought about.)

I truly believe that cold weather was a result of the fall of man. By the first humans sinning against God, they brought upon us not only strife between the sexes, but the need for sweaters and heaters.

Why would I think such an absurd thing? Well, let me tell you. When Adam and Eve were sinless, they were naked; the temperature was not conducive to wearing clothes. Also, when you think about historically and geographically where the garden of Eden most likely was, it's hot.

Perhaps those reasons are merely whimsical and without rationality for the ends in which they try to achieve, but in the words of every American teenager, whatever.

I won't dwell too much on how much I dislike cold weather. Instead I will bask in the sun's rays, trying to get my flip flop tan lines.

No comments:

Post a Comment