Friday, March 5, 2010

Confreshion

They say that you should go to confession at least once during Lent. I am not sure who "they" are, and when I heard this, but it sounds pretty fantastic to me.

I feel a little fickle about confession. Before I go in, I am a mix of dreading it/knowing it's good for me. When I walk out, I am so elated. Why am I so weird? And I know I'm not the only one! Most people I talk to about the sacrament of confession feel about the same. It's one of those things you know is great, and you always feel fantastic when it's over with, but actually getting there is the hard part.

Something I can very easily relate this to is waking up early. My roommate in the bedroom next to me knows too. I let my alarm go off until the last possible snooze, and the walls here are paper thing (sorry roomie). And each time the alarm goes off, deep down in the part of my brain that isn't drugged with grogginess, I know I will be glad that I was up earlier.

But alas, I sleep, and sleep, until my alarm gives up on me and I am sprinting to class, with lines on my face from the sheets, bedhead, and hunched over with a backpack. I'm sure everywhere I go, people just think, what a freshman. (To clarify, I am a junior).

So, to the wonderful confessor who heard my sins this past weekend, thank you. Thank you Jesus for wiping the sin drool off my face, and combing through my messy morning hair of vices and sin, and even dressing me appropriately, with absolution and graces, instead of a tee shirt and jeans.



And one more note: SPRING BREAK TOMORROW! YAHOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment